The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hywela Lyn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> TWI Members -- Published!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonnaG
Co-Admin, Creator of Order

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Hywela Lyn Reply with quote

STARQUEST
When Jestine Darnell is rescued from her sabotaged starship by the crew of the Destiny her only objective is to complete her mission and keep her promise to save a world from slavery. Love is the last thing on her mind. However, she has not counted on losing her heart to Keri Marchant the ship’s second in command, who makes his distrust of her painfully obvious, despite the chemistry between them. The completion of her mission has consequences neither of them could have foreseen.

Enter Dahll Tarron, who becomes involved in a long and dangerous quest to find the Destiny. Fates become intertwined, perils shared, culminating in the realization that sometimes love may be so close there is a danger it will not be recognized until it is too late…

Starquest is a tender love story, but it is also an adventure story, set in the future and on a variety of planets, with plenty of action. The main character does not have it easy, almost losing her life and her sanity, and suffering at the hands of a vicious slaver who enjoys inflicting pain. Threads of friendship and enduring love run through the story, but is she in danger of losing both?

Reviews
"If you are looking for action, danger, romance, and love the science fiction then look no further than Hywela Lyn's futuristic romance, Starquest!"
- Denisse http://thepenmuse.blogspot.com/2008/11/pen-review-starquest.html

"The lovely, lovely descriptions never slow the action, but manage still to convey emotion and carry the narration forward. This is an incredibly original tale, and for all the science fiction trappings is truly a classic quest for love."
- 'Snapdragon' Long And Short Reviews http://www.longandshortreviews.com/LASR/1108/Starquest-HL.htm

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhxh18LoakQ

Signed copies can be purchased at: http://www.hywelalyn.co.uk/apps/webstore/products/show/295372 (or send a PM to Lyn)

Downloads at Publisher's website: http://tinyurl.com/bnb3gs
Paperback also available at Amazon http://tinyurl.com/ca4ty4

DANCING WITH FATE
(ine of nine stories in 'The Song Of The Muses' published separately as an eBook and as one of three stories in Book II)

When Terpsichore, the Muse of Dance, is assigned to revisit the land of Wales, her task seems simple enough. She is unaware there is a hidden agenda. Before she can return to Olympus her path crosses that of the mysterious Myrddin, and her heart is lost.

But Myrddin is promised to another. His mind is set on the dangerous task that lies before him, and the woman he has sworn to save. Nevertheless, he cannot deny the growing attraction between him and the beautiful stranger he meets along the way.

Terpsichore and Myrddin face a deadly force that threatens to part them forever. Is she destined to lose the only man she has ever truly loved? Is there nothing she can do to save him? Finally, when all seems lost, in desperation she finds herself DANCING WITH FATE.

Reviews
"Greek Mythology has rarely been so much fun to read. Hywela Lyn builds an excellent love story even with all the tongue twisting names that add even more fun to the tale."
- Dee Dailey, The Romance Studio http://www.theromancestudio.com/reviews/reviews/dancingfatelyn.htm

"If you haven't yet started to read the Song of Muses stories then I suggest you start now with this one by Hywela Lyn. This is the first time I've been able to read anything by this author, and I am very much looking forward to reading more from her."
- Cindy Green - 'Between The Lines' http://tinyurl.com/aarqb8

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vowv0dL4cz4

Download available from Publisher: http://tinyurl.com/bhg8fp

Paperback anthology Book II can be ordered from Amazon or direct from the author; the other two books in the series are also available on Amazon http://tinyurl.com/ca4ty4

CHILDREN OF THE MIST
Two minds united against a common foe. Two hearts afraid to show their love.

Long ago, Tamarith fell for a man she knew she could never have and she is convinced she will never love another. However, she cannot help but be intrigued by the handsome young stranger whose psychic powers exceed even her own.

Vidarh seeks only to find his purpose in life and to win the regard of his father. Thrown together by circumstances, then parted by an evil greater than they could have imagined, can Vidarh save the lovely woman who captivates him, before it is too late? Will he overcome the deadly enemy who threatens to destroy their planet - and will they find the happiness they both seek,or are they fated to live their lives alone?

Advance Reader Reviews
"No one explores outer space and creates more imaginative worlds than Hywela Lyn. Children of the Mist kept me spellbound with classic romance, wonderful characters and an intriguing plot. A fitting and well-written sequel to Starquest!"
- author Sky Purington, The Mac'Lomain series

"The planet Niflheim, a world where icy mists cloak tall, ragged mountains while colorful flowers bloom against the snow. The inhabitants are a gentle, peaceful people until the day a deadly virus is deliberately unleashed among them. With the population falling ill and dying, a barbaric enemy invades, seeking to conquer what is perceived as easy prey.

Assisted by two special friends, it's courageous Vidarh with the beautiful Tamarith and others of his race, who form a small band of resistance. What follows is a struggle for survival with danger lurking around each mist-shrouded precipice.

Adventure, suspense and nail-biting battles so realistic you can smell the blaster fire comprise this sequel to Hywela Lyn's debut novel, 'Starquest'. 'Children of the Mist' is more than a romance tale. It's a moving story packed with powerful emotions of ruthless vengeance, blood-chilling terror -- and offering personal sacrifice.

This unforgettable book is one I recommend as a keeper!"

- author Miss Mae - 'See No Evil, My Pretty Lady' from The Wild Rose Press
Russel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the only published TWI writer?

just snuffling around Smile

hee-hee, I love the Wild Rose Press (publisher of said) 's motto.

'The South may have fallen, but chivalry is not dead'

Blimey! are they still out there, remembering? After all these years?

Good God!
fall guy
TWI Fiction Writer of the Year 2009

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russel wrote:
is this the only published TWI writer?

nope, i'm reading leatherdyke's book at the moment (and a damn fine read it is too). and i note from another thread that daniel has a book out.

as this thread is right near the top of THE WRITE IDEA space, i think it'd be a good idea to beef it up a bit.

but they're a shy lot, writers, aren't they?
delph_ambi
Whittaker Fiction Winner 2009

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and I have two books out and a third one due out shortly. Plenty of us are well published. We've just been too idle to blow our trumpets in this thread... Embarassed
Mandy Pannett
The Stirred POeT 2012 winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two poetry collections out and am working towards further publications this autumn.
dibley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two poetry collections and a novel published.
flirtybee
Co-Admin, Joyful Master of Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vague as the Bee's fuzzy grey cells are, I think Donna put a call out for info from anyone interested months ago so that she could consistently put together a separate page for each prospective author, a sort of showcase at the top of the forum.

Only Lyn replied.

So ... I'd suggest passing on to Donna something similar in format to Lyns selection above. Wink

The increase of disorder or entropy is what distinguishes the past from the future, giving a direction to time - Stephen Hawking
fall guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it's still not happening, maybe donna should PM some of them shy published types (like daniel, who is always hiding his talent behind a burning bush; rachel, "i'd rather burn in hell than advertise myself" or delph, "i'm waiting for the next edition as there were two many capital letters and commas in the first").

i mean, this is one of the FIRST THINGS you see when you come on site. i don't have anything against lyn - i know her well from the grail - i just think that potential joiners-in would get a better idea of the diversity on site if they saw more books up there/here.

there is also mandy, dibley and there must be more ...
Russel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was my point (as I knew several here had published).

couldn't this be freed up so people could post their own? save a lot of work.

('under a burning bush' hah hah!!!! Laughing )
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do it like a shot if I could post all the information myself. Rolling Eyes
Russel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone on site here just bought one of my books after I mentioned it in a comment (not as hype, just as an example of something) --- One more sale!!! Blimey, I'll be quids in at this rate .... Wink

oh NO! they accidentally bought TWO! (sending one to a friend)

bloody hell - break out the champers, Norah!
fall guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that wouldn't be the truckerson book would it? if so, i just happen to have a signed copy on my bookshelf. but i guess you already knew that, even if i didn't.
Russel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, it's you!

might have known

thought you were a difficult bugger ... Laughing

good book though, innit? (if you like that kind of humour)

read a lost chapter here ... (not in the book) http://www.e-griff.com/trux0/

me2write

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russel wrote:
good book though, innit? (if you like that kind of humour)

Embarassed I'm the one who accidentally hit too many buttons and purchased TWO! Still, one went for a ride to Hong Kong and is being enjoyed Far East. I enjoyed it and have now given my other copy to a friend on the understanding Truckerson comes back to me after!

I'm also almost to the end of SMALL POISONS, by Catherine Edmunds. Highly recommend it.
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! Thanks!

Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> TWI Members -- Published! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: