The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just watched ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Just watched ... Reply with quote

... 'The Blues Brothers'. Why did I leave it so long? First saw this mumble 24 mumble years ago - loved it then, loved it all over again a couple of days ago. Go on, spoil yourselves! Indulge in a fun film - it's available for only a fiver on DVD these days and as an added bonus, you get to singalong to Cab Calloway's brilliant 'Minnie the Moocher', John Lee Hooker, Aretha's 'Think', Ray Charles, James Brown and a whole heap more great tunes ... you get the picture? Sheer heaven!
fnarr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarattes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Dunno where my copy has gone - only had it on VHS, must get the DVD sometime.
WelshPixie
Flashmeister & TWIt Booster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange. I had it on VHS too and it vanished. Maybe it's a scam - maybe all the VHS copies were programmed to self destruct when the DVD came out so we'd have to spend our money on it all over again. -.-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bebbet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lucky. My own copy I taped many a moon ago off Sky Movies Gold (when such a channel existed), and it survives to this day Very Happy

There's always a way around their money grabbing ploys (realise I've never typed the word 'ploys' before - that look right to anyone else?)!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
WelshPixie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, looks fine.

I hate how sometimes you type/write/read a word lots and then it starts looking foreign and strange and you get completely confused whether you're spelling it properly or not or even if you have the right word..

Anyone else get that? Or am I mad?

Shocked
Bebbet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WelshPixie wrote:
Anyone else get that? Or am I mad?

Shocked

No, believe me, you're really really not!

Confused
Missy
Minisaga Mistress & Flashmeister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens to me too. I have to look it up in the dictionary to reassure myself. Yesterday it was upholstery. (Just had to do it again!)
Bebbet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I open up Word and look for that squiggly red line (who'd have thought it would recognise 'squiggly')
Missy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time I get Word to open on this computer, (a new development that is driving me crackers) I could run downstairs, get the dictionary, look the word up, wash the cup up, make the tea, drink it with a couple of digestives, ring my sister and still have to sit here and wait.
Anyone know where I can get a cheap laptop? I could sit in the kitchen all day then!
WelshPixie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm not alone then. That's good. ;o)

I'm pondering selling my laptop for a few hundred. I'm not sure if I can part with it yet though - need to find a job first and save enough money to buy an apple mac powerbook so I can sell this and get the apple right away.

GaryH
TWIt Booster & Knight of TWIt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the aviator and what a top film that is. Well worth a watch (probly a seiko) and Di Caprio puts in a stirling performance.
Gary
Solo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotel Rwanda - Gripping. Enlightening. Moving. Alarming.
Bebbet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coach Carter - great and enjoyable film, but occasionally plays out like Boyz n' the Hood meets the Mighty Ducks
Missy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the soundrack to Boys n the Hood for one song called Spirit by Force One Network. I bought the import first and it wasnt the same version. Still play it in the car.
Solo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The importance of being Ernest - yep, of course, Colin's starring, but that's no excuse not to watch it! I saw this on the big screen a while back and loved it. Yes it's twee, but that's it's beauty. It's cleverly and humorously written and I must admit the scripting and especially Dame Judi Dench's delivery, claimed more of my attention than Colin did and that's quite an achievement! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: