The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Probing Uranus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Writing Markets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
womble

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Probing Uranus Reply with quote

Here's an anthology I'm sending a sub to, mostly so I can say I was involved in 'Probing Uranus':

http://libraryofthelivingdead.lefora.com/2010/02/10/probing-uranus-an-antholy-of-humorous-science-fict/

Library of Science Fiction and Fantasy Press is proud to announce Probing Uranus. An anthology of humorous science fiction stories. Science Fiction is a pretty broad term so I turned to Wiki for a definition. Keep in mind that while it has to be funny and it has to be Science Fiction it can also contain elements of bizarro.
Science fiction is a genre of fiction. It differs from fantasy in that, within the context of the story, its imaginary elements are largely possible within scientifically established or scientifically postulated laws of nature (though some elements in a story might still be pure imaginative speculation). Exploring the consequences of such differences is the traditional purpose of science fiction, making it a "literature of ideas". Science fiction is largely based on writing rationally about alternative possibilities.[2] The settings for science fiction are often contrary to known reality.
These may include:

■A setting in the future, in alternative timelines, or in a historical past that contradicts known facts of history or the archaeological record
■A setting in outer space, on other worlds, or involving aliens
■Stories that involve technology or scientific principles that contradict known laws of nature
■Stories that involve discovery or application of new scientific principles, such as time travel or psionics, or new technology, such as nanotechnology, faster-than-light travel or robots, or of new and different political or social systems (e.g., a dystopia, or a situation where organized society has collapsed)

Humor- do I need to explain this one?

The Anthology will be open to submissions for approximately 10 weeks from February 12th to April 23rd. I picked these dates by staring into a nanoscopic-future-engine powered by Gillette eclectic shavers and pineapple juice, not by downing a glass of wine and staring at a calendar for five minutes.

word count 4k - 9k
rich text format only
courier font size 12
indent paragraphs
double space
use italics - do not underline

Once I receive the submission I will email you a confirmation. After that, please don't ask about the status of your submission. I am very busy chasing two headed goats in my back yard with a badminton racket.
Place your contact information on first page, upper left - name, address, phone number, and email.

Place your word count on the upper right hand side.
Place your name/pen name under the title.
Send submissions to upuranusantho@gmail.com

Please mention any of your previous work and a brief explanation of who you are or which dimension you currently reside in.

You may submit one story. Send me your best or figure out a way to look into the future.

Published authors will receive 1 cent per word and 1 contributor copy.

W Razz

Read my top five story from the National newpaper's annual short story competition:
http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/short-story-a-day-for-decisiveness
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Writing Markets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: