The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paying Market for Writers/Reviewers/Editors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Writing Markets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonnaG
Co-Admin, Creator of Order

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effie, I'm glad you posted the original query. There are gazillions of writing offers out there. How are we supposed to know what's legit and worth chasing after if we don't look closely at them all?
DonnaG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The administrators of this forum would like to make it clear that they've been made aware of the following fact: MF Publishing Limited, formerly known as MF Consulting Limited (Company registration number 05309701), is in no way related to the organisation MF Publishing London.
DonnaG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, in case you don't receive our email for some reason, please see our message below:

Quote:
Hello, Paul. Further to the interactions you've had over the last 24 hours with our internet provider, NamescoUK, and our subsequent compliance to your requests, I'd like to make a few things clear.

There is nothing in English law that prevents any of our forum members from asking questions. In fact, the fact that you signed up as a member of The Write Idea means that you had right of reply within our forum in order to set things straight. The fact that you chose not to and instead resorted to legal threats suggests to me that you aren't able to give any convincing answers.

If you are intent on pursuing legal action, please be aware that there is no Legal Aid in the United Kingdom for defamation law suits. You will be responsible for all costs. And, as part of the English legal process, we will have full discovery over your business practices (including methods of payment, your means of business, etc. etc.) If you remain intent on pursuing legal action against us, then please let us know the name of your solicitor and their contact details so that we can liaise with them directly. We also would like to request at this time receipt of your registered business details (legal name, company registration number and physical address) so that we can investigate launching a civil action against you for harrassment.

Thank you.

Connal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great piece of writing Donna. I'm sure in your hands it will become a great story. Go girl - all power to your pen
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnaG

I too thought of a similar response to this "person."

Somehow though I think we may have heard the last of this "person."

I remain both at your disposal and pleased that I am on your side.

Tony
daniel abelman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnaG wrote:
The administrators of this forum would like to make it clear that they've been made aware of the following fact: MF Publishing Limited, formerly known as MF Consulting Limited (Company registration number 05309701), is in no way related to the organisation MF Publishing London.
.... i'm a bit confused. who amongst the names above is the real Mother F****er?

dankawanka
DonnaG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused is a very good word, Daniel!

Did you know that MF, as an acronym, also stands for 'mail fraud'?
MF Publishing London

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a writer myself, I have no problem with all of the other questioning or critical comments currently on this topic. But I’m absolutely staggered that not a single person so far to read this forum post could actually see how defamatory, unjustified and libellous the (now removed) comments of “Tony” were - in several different ways, including in his insinuations that we were unfit to be trusted with writers’ submissions and their writing pieces because we were surely the same people who were connected with another company with a similar-sounding name who allegedly had a checkered past.

Whilst I really don’t care if those adding to this topic want to privately consider myself and the company to be amateurs, fraudsters, scammers, about to charge writers for applying for a position etc (which obviously we aren’t) without knowing anything about us, purely based on your reading of our recruitment post – (which is not, incidentally the way professional journalists conduct themselves) then that’s fine with me.

But I’m not willing to suffer libellous statements slapped thoughtlessly onto a public forum website without any consideration for sense or truth.

I have previously been pleased to answer writers’ polite and sometimes anxious concerns on other forums, but due to the overwhelming nature of the nasty, cynical and bitter comments on this forum so far, I have no desire to waste any more of my time attempting to reassure anyone here of the company’s legitimacy.
DonnaG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF, in this forum, when someone objects to something that appears in a post, they normally express that objection in a subsequent post. And in that subsequent post, they outine the reasons for their objection and wade in with facts to support their point of view or reality. Or, they contact the writer of the objectionable post (via PM or email), opening a dialogue within which both parties can attempt to clear things up.

You did not do this here at The Write Idea. Instead, you made a post which threatened legal action and then contacted our web provider to again threaten legal action if we did not comply with your demands.

We have no desire to waste our time with someone who is not willing to conduct himself in a mature, open manner. You say you are a writer. Wonderful! You say you have answered other writers' concerns on other forums ... we would appreciate the same here at TWI.
rust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: FAO TWI ; REMOVE THIS LIBELLOUS CONTENT Reply with quote

MF Publishing London wrote:
FAO WEBSITE MANAGEMENT....

Kindly remove these libellous comments immediately or legal action will follow. We have no connection with the people or company mentioned with a similar name. This site seems to have no report link, which is not exactly legitimate either.

Looks like I missed the fireworks. RATS! Nothing like a legal argument to start up those red corpuskels.
rust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: I'm here, I'm here! Let the Bells Ring Out ... Reply with quote

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's me.

Haven't done a lot of 'foruming' lately, but I hear you don't lose your touch.

So, we've had a bit of fun with a troll, a bully, a controversial figure. Too bad the forum isn't searchable, because it makes for good research material.

First thing I did was I clicked on the link mentioned in the very first message. That website is not just ugly, it is an abomination of unresolved server directives and mismatched style sheets. My first impression: cut and paste...

So I went looking...

And I selected a nice little phrase from the site: "their Saturday ‘Weekend’ magazine is a good example" to see what was what. In quotes, with the single quotes intact. That way, we find what we are looking for -- direct results of the exact phrase.

Three results from Google -- and a notice that there are more results but duplicated. Oh goody! Let's see the expanded results.

That phrase was repeated 85 times! My goodness. Well, you can draw your own conclusions! Someone has been busy copying and pasting!

As was already pointed out, libel litigation in the UK is not free. The lesson here is, do not let some pinhead with busy fingers stop you from giving opinions of their "services" or their "behaviour" by claiming libel. Libel is a serious charge.

For example, if I said that Donna was a woman who goes from husband to husband, she couldn't sue me for libel. But if I said that Donna was a coke-head Paris Hilton wannabe, that could be a different story. She's not, and me claiming that she is would be actionable.

The point is, people should not be afraid to speak out when it is the right thing to do. A forum is the place to do so. A forum is where anyone should be able to express an opinion, whether that opinion is right or wrong. Otherwise, what use is it?

The chilling effect of threatening legal action is a time-dishonoured last resort of the morally bankrupt, the intellectually deprived and the emotionally unstable.

In a sector such as this one, self-publishing, the predators seem to out-number the prey. It is better that a skunk be exposed to public airings so that the stink of fear wears off, than to cower under the blankets, wondering if some hollow threat is going to close down a forum.

-- Dave
DonnaG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Dave. You've still got that writerly edge!

and thanks for pointing out that I'm not a coke-head Smile
rust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paris Hilton wannabe?

Oh, and by the way, here's an interesting site for anyone worried about such a thing, one of my favourites:

http://www.chillingeffects.org/

and its sister site:

http://www.eff.org/
DonnaG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, where were you when we really needed you yesterday, Dave? Cool
daniel abelman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF Publishing London wrote:
As a writer myself, I have no problem with all of the other questioning or critical comments currently on this topic. and if you werent a 'writer myself' would you have problems?... that you are a 'writer myself' is of no consequence to the issue under discussion ....by the way: were you a born writer or were you 'made'? But I’m absolutely staggered you can lean on me that not a single person so far to read this forum post could actually see how defamatory, unjustified and libellous the (now removed -- why not re-post it here for all of us that missed it, so we can have a look? that way your ire can be a bit more tangible and increase your chances of 'getting through' to the more level-headed members of our community? .... ) comments of “Tony” what do you want from us -- to give tony spankies? ... this is a private community that demands registration before acceptance. tony or anyone else for that matter can write what the dickens they want as long as they dont break our COMMUNITY rules.... trying to censor with strongarm techniques will get you nowhere were - in several different ways, including in his insinuations insinuations??...get real: this is a litsite forum. have you any idea how much total krap is posted on the boards? take a look at my posts as an eg.that we were unfit to be trusted with writers’ submissions and their writing pieces because we were surely the same people who were connected with another company with a similar-sounding name are you cretins, or what? why on earth would you choose a similar name to a company that has a checkered past? is shooting yourself in the foot a bad habit?who allegedly had a checkered past.

Whilst I really don’t care really and truely -- honesty is the best policy -- YOU DO CARE -- to deny you care would be like a drunk arguing he is sober -- most pathetic if those adding to this topic want to privately consider myself and the c, ompany to be amateurs, fraudsters, scammers, about to charge writers for applying for a position etc (which obviously we aren’t you only deny the 'etc's.... i think you should deny ALL the charges ) without knowing anything about us, since when does not having all the facts prevent anyone from forming an educated opinion? ... purely based on your reading of our recruitment post – (which is not, incidentally the way professional journalists conduct themselves .... why this slap on the wrist hidden in parenthesis? i think if you had something to say, you should come out into the open and say it ) then that’s fine with me. 'fine with you' -- tut-tut / tsk-tsk.... remember what we decided about honesty etc.... its obviously NOT fine with you. you write in riddles, MF
But I’m not willing to suffer libellous statements slapped thoughtlessly onto a public PRIVATE forum website without any consideration for sense or truth. ahhh -- we are in agreement: - there is little truth to be found on the fora of the www. you have to be 'suspicious' and wary at all times ,,,, forgive us for thinking that you are a crook or whatever.... its just that your salespitch is a bit tacky [wanna sue me for that? --- i'll hire the best jew-lawyers [i'm allowed to say that] in the world, to fight my case.]

I have previously been pleased to answer writers’ polite and sometimes anxious concerns on other forums, but due to the overwhelming nature of the nasty, cynical and bitter comments on this forum so far, I have no desire to waste any more of my time attempting to reassure anyone here of the company’s legitimacy. scurry off for your own good -- donnag kick-starts cyber-jumbos. dont mess with her. she's mean and vicious
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Writing Markets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: