The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helen

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT Reply with quote

Over the last twelve months or so my work and other Ďreal lifeí commitments have increased, and Iíve not been able to devote enough time to The Write Idea.

Looking into my crystal ball for a moment, Iím not going to have enough time to run the forum properly in the foreseeable future, either. Iain and I are building a house (as soon as we get title to the plot of land weíve bought, but thatís another story). Weíre going to get a builder to throw us up a shell and weíre planning on doing all the internal work ourselves. Bang go all our evenings and weekends for about a year! Thereís a distinct possibility that while we do this work, weíll be camping out on site (hopefully in a caravan rather than a tent; Iíve got my fingers crossed.) Because of this, we could be without the Internet at home for ages.

I love The Write Idea and I couldnít bear the thought of it dying, so itís time to hand it over to someone else. A change of owner will do more than just save the site; the enthusiasm and fresh perspective new management will bring will give the site a new lease of life Ė a true TWI renaissance (or should that be TWITaissance?)

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Donna and Doug (DonnaG and Flirtybee) are the new owners and administrators of The Write Idea. Iím sure theyíll make an excellent team at the helm of The Good Ship Twit, and Iím sure youíll join me in wishing them all the best in this new role.

As for me, IĎll no longer be an administrator of the site, but Iíll still be a member, and I plan on dropping in from time to time, as commitments allow.

Iíd like to take this opportunity to get all pink and fluffy, and say what a privilege itís been to run the site these past four years, what fun Iíve had getting to know you all, and how much Iíve enjoyed sharing with you our mutual love of writing.

Helen Very Happy

http://ryangoslingteachingassistant.blogspot.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: