The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Member Profiles
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> The Welcome Mat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Member Profiles Reply with quote

Calling all members, new and old!
This thread is for posting a profile of yourself, so we can all get to know each other a little bit better.
Copy and paste the questions below, feeling free to omit any you don't feel comfortable answering, or use your own format.

Forum moniker

Real name

Occupation

What do you write?

What are your current writing goals?

When and why did you start writing?

What's your best piece of writing advice?

What three luxuries would you take with you to a desert island?

What are your Top 5 Favourite:
Films
Books
Foods
Places?

Which
a) animal
b) plant
c) piece of furniture
and d) piece of clothing
is most like you?

http://ryangoslingteachingassistant.blogspot.com

Last edited by Helen on Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Helen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reckon I ought to start the ball rolling...

Forum moniker
Helen

Real name
Helen Whittaker

Occupation
Educational Writer

What do you write?
Anything anyone will pay me for. Wink For fun I write mainly poetry, but I also write short stories from time to time.

To write a poem every week. To finish a children's novel which is about 70% complete.

When I was four. Because I couldn't stand not being able to do something my older brother and sister could do!

I'll let you know when I hear it.

a bar of Green & Black's chocolate
both my cats (guess they count as two things)

Films
I'm a bit of a film buff, so writing this list would take me hours, and I'd have to qualify everything, and then I'd probably end up with about twenty instead of five, so best not to go there.
Books
Another difficult one, but the five authors who have made the biggest impression on me at various points in my life have been the good old Bardy-pooh himself, Agatha Christie (yes, I know, cringe-making), James Herriot (ditto), Douglas Adams and Bill Bryson. All very low brow with the exception of Shakespeare, who is only high brow due to the distorting effects of time; I'm sure he was considered very low-brow in his day.
Foods
chocolate, kumara (NZ sweet potato), chocolate ice cream, chocolate and chocolate
Places?
Italy, West of Scotland, Milford Sound (New Zealand), France and my bed

Which
a) animal - cat
b) plant - lavender
c) piece of furniture - bean bag
and d) piece of clothing - scruffy jeans
is most like you?

Bloody hell, that was hard. Who wrote these questions anyway? Wink

http://ryangoslingteachingassistant.blogspot.com
dibley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker: Dibley

I write poetry, short stories, and I have three unfinished novels on the go, all at different stages.

My current writing goal is an honest, detailed 'story of my life' aimed solely at my three children and three grandchildren. It's the most difficult project I've taken on.

My first scribblings were in 1947 when I lived in Stockholm. I learned the Swedish language reading Astrid Lindgren's Pippi Longstocking books. Enid Blyton books were sent out to me from the UK. I tried my hand at writing similar stories.

My best piece of writing advice is, if, in the middle of the night, you have a wonderful idea, switch on the light and jot it down because you'll not remember it by the time you wake up!

What three luxuries would I take with me to a desert island? None. I'd refuse to go!

My favourite

Books: Dicken's Great Expectations and Zafon's Shadow of the Wind.
Foods: Fruit. Cheese. Marzipan.
Places: Suffolk coast, UK. Liguria and Piemonte, Italy. Stockholm, Sweden.

Animal: Dogs.
Plant: Bougainville and Geraniums.
Piece of furniture: A very old carving chair that belonged to my grandfather.
Piece of clothing: t-shirts, anything that doesn't need ironing!
delph_ambi
Whittaker Fiction Winner 2009

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker delph_ambi

Real name Cathy

Age 48

Occupation Musician / artist / writer (that's in order of how much money I make from them)

Location Bishop Auckland, Co Durham

What do you write? Novels, short stories, poetry

What are your current writing goals? Finish re-writing novel number two with a view to possible publication (number one's been out a couple of years now, so it's about time there was another under my belt) and continue working on a vast collection of poems I'm editing for a friend (again, with a view to possible publication)

When and why did you start writing? About five years ago when onset of disability meant I could no longer go out to work. I discovered internet chatrooms Shocked . One was a writers' chatroom, so I felt I ought to write something. Thus was born my first poem. Never looked back.

What's your best piece of writing advice? Get rid of those adjectives.

What three luxuries would you take with you to a desert island? My computer (with broadband connection, of course), a box of art materials, and some decent soap.

Films (all in these lists subject to frequent change) Cinema Paradiso, A Night at the Opera (Marx Brothers), Random Harvest, Blade Runner, Once Upon a Time in America
Books Tigana (Guy Gavriel Kay), Persuasion (Jane Austen), The Gap Series (Stephen Donaldson), Shirley (Charlotte Bronte), The Ivy Tree (Mary Stewart)
Foods Curry, curry, curry, curry and curry.
Places Llyn Bochlwyd, Castell y Gwynt, Crib Goch, my Dad's back garden, Well Woods. (Yes, I'm fond of North Wales, but the last two are in Kent.)

Which
a) animal Cat
b) plant apple tree
c) piece of furniture serpentine bureau
and d) piece of clothing skinny blue jeans
is most like you?
GaryH
TWIt Booster & Knight of TWIt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker : Gary H (used to call meself the AddledOne)

Occupation : Stock auditor (yawn) and raconteur in me spare time.

What do you write? Whatever comes into my brain!

What are your current writing goals? To go back over the stuff I've written before and make it half decent and sub it off somewhere. To make some money out this lark so I don't have to worry about someone else's profits and get the first draft of me book done this year.

When and why did you start writing? At school. Once, a teacher read out a story I'd wrote and praised it to the heavens. I really got cracking after that only for it to be stifled when I left school and studied business (a waste of time seeing how my life's panned out lol). Many years later I stumbled on AOL's writers' boards and started poems and then stories. Then the A174 came along and somehow I ended up here!

What's your best piece of writing advice? Enjoy it, pure and simple. Don't overload your brain with 'you can't do that, you must do this or oh, you haven't done that!' Worry about that old toot when it comes to editing. Oh yes, and don't, don't, don't do what I do with deadlines and leave it all until the last possible minute. Please note, I don't follow me own advice Very Happy

What three luxuries would you take with you to a desert island? A bookcase full to the brim (one item aint it), PS3 and a mobile phone so I could get rescued when the novelty wore off.

Films : 28 days later, Lord Of The Rings, Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars series, Bourne Series

Books : Master and Margherita, Eats shoots and leaves (not for enjoyment but to somehow ram in the advice into me porous braincells), Clockwork orange, Some mythology book I got in me bookcase (plenty of ideas can come from reading this), The book I'm halfway through writing lol.

Foods : Sea bream from the local pub, roast duck, steak, beef, cheese and onion pie.

Places? Kent, Dartmoor, Cornwall, Brecon (from schoolday memories) and Malta.

Which
a) animal : Hyena? I dunno.
b) plant : Apple tree, plenty of produce, not always great!
c) piece of furniture : A wonky table.
and d) piece of clothing : Crash helmet lol.
is most like you?

Did I really write this...Oh dear!!!!
Anlaas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker
Anlaas

Real name
Suzy or Suze or Suzanne if you’re my mum and telling me off.

Ahem. You can work it out from my sig if you’re mathematically inclined.

Occupation

Professional idler

Essex, UK. A place of beauty, wonder and tanning salons.

What do you write?

Bits and bobs. When I can be arsed.

To submit something, somewhere, someday.

At school when I was five. The teacher wrote,

“I eat my peas with honey,
I’ve done it all my life,
It makes them taste quite funny
But it keeps them on my knife.”

upon the blackboard and we had to copy it into our little green exercise books.
I’ve been writing daft rhymes ever since.

Enjoy it; and be true to your own voice.

My husband, so I would have someone to grumble at.
My two children, so I could make them shimmy up coconut trees and fan me with banana leaves.

Films : Aaargh, I could never narrow this down. I can tell you my least favourite film though; a video of when I was a bridesmaid at my cousin’s wedding in 1985. A peach meringue frock combined with a spiky ginger crop is so not a good look, dahlings. Coincidentally, I think it’s my husband’s favourite film, as he reckons it’s the finest piece of comedy ever recorded.

Books: Gawd, anything and everything. Although I always return to Mr.Noisy by Roger Hargreaves - the dynamics!

Foods: My ideal three course meal:

Starter: something with scallops probably. Some sort of sauce, a pea puree or chilli jam. Then again, soups always a pretty safe bet isn’t it. Bit dull though. Ooooh, hang on a mo, lobster ravioli sounds good. I’ll have that.

Main course: slow-cooked pork belly with Chinese spice, but the fillet steak’s a pretty classic bet. What about fish though? Sea bass? Nah. I’ll have the duck then.

Desert: White chocolate and cardomom mousse, although could be tempted by the creme brulee; but that’s only ‘cos I like the crunchy bit on top, don’t like the custardy gloop much. Cheesecake? Sorbet? Decisions, decisions.

Ah, fuck it. Forget the poncey meal, I’ll have five boxes of Jaffa cakes, please. Ta.

Places? London, Bangkok, Florence.
Just editing, 'cos I realised I can have five. In which case, I'll add Manchester (many happy memories of younger days) and my house ('cos it's home, and when you go there they have to take you in. Wink )

Which
a) animal
Mr.Suze says I look like a baby orang-utan. No, I have not yet filed for divorce.

b) plant
Anything that wilts under difficult circumstances.

c) piece of furniture

Lazy Susan.

and d) piece of clothing
High- heeled shoes - impractical and frivolous.
Steffi
Whittaker Fiction Winner 2011

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker - Steffi

Real name - Stef Hall (Actually, it's not, but that's what I'm known as and I ain't telling the other one Razz)

Age - 29

Occupation - HR Advisor (blech)

Location - London, UK

What do you write? - Mostly Horror/Fantasy

What are your current writing goals? - Finish The Gemini Factor (my novel)

When and why did you start writing? - According to my Mum I always have since I first picked up a pen. I've been trying to get published since this January, and have had quite a few hits so far, which is encouraging. Smile

What's your best piece of writing advice? Just write. Worry about your p's and q's afterwards.

What three luxuries would you take with you to a desert island? My PC (+ broadband!), my TV and my Sky+ box!

Films - Dead Poet's Society, Edward Scissorhands, 10 Things I Hate About You, Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman

Books - The Dark Tower Series (Stephen King), The Outlander Series (Diana Gabaldon), IT (Stephen King), Wicked (Gregory Maguire), Once... (James Herbert)

Foods - Italian, Chinese, my Mum's roast chicken, my Nan's chilli, Ice cream.

Places? My bed, In front of my PC, At my Nan's house, The park, the seaside

Which
a) animal - Tiger (I'm catty and can be a bit fierce)
b) plant - Weeping Willow (According to my partner, I cry when the sun goes down Razz)
c) piece of furniture - Sofa (Old, lumpy and soft)
and d) piece of clothing - Cardigan (Warm and huggy)
is most like you?

Visit my blog: Little Things
DonnaG
Co-Admin, Creator of Order

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker
DonnaG

Real name
Donna Gagnon

Occupation
manager of teak furniture store & handcrafted log/timberframe builder’s office

What do you write?
not enough but when I do, it’s really short (plays, flash fiction, poetry)

goals? ummmm … can I have a few decades to work on that one?

class assignment, Grade 6 – blatant rip-off of Nancy Drew visiting a haunted house

do it with honesty and compassion

Flirtybee, PC with broadband, cigarettes

What are your favourite:
Films – Casablanca, The Full Monty, Dancer in the Dark
Books – The Count of Monte Cristo, The Time Traveler’s Wife
Foods – curries, seafood, pasta
Places – Shrewsbury, Chester, Rome, Hong Kong

Which
a) animal – Jack Russell terrier
b) plant – cactus
c) piece of furniture – four-poster bed
and d) piece of clothing – red satin night-shirt
is most like you?

What are your favourite five (alcoholic) beverages?

beer, Caesar (clamato & vodka), beer, ice wine, beer
flirtybee
Co-Admin, Joyful Master of Chaos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker …Flirtybee

Real name … Douglas Pugh…though Douglas is usually my Mum giving me a cussing…Doug will do nicely!

Age …47…but its just a number right?

Occupation …yup….had one once upon a time…

Location …working on that one too!

What do you write? Poetry (please excuse me from form stuff, I’ve got a note from my Mum!), Short stories and a couple or three unfinished novels..

What are your current writing goals? Finish at least one novel, get rich, famous and all the trimmings…see…I like fiction!

When and why did you start writing? I wrote a lot at school but nothing serious until I got REALLY bored machine minding in a factory…then I got all poetic and stuff

What's your best piece of writing advice? If in doubt just write anything, then keep going….sooner or later something good will come out!

What three luxuries would you take with you to a desert island? Kylie Minogue, Halle Berry and Keira Knightly….then I changed my mind…Coffee, chocolate, cigarettes…but then I had a serious think about it…three magic lamps all containing jinns complete with three wishes! And of course the last wish must be reserved for wishing for more lamps/wishes…greedy?…Me?…nahhhh

Films The Full Monty, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Lord of The Rings, Ghost, Die Hard
Books anything by Raymond Feist, Sarah Douglas and my fave Robin Hobb
Foods yup….i like foods…just put some garlic in it (lots!) and slap a bun around it
Places? Shropshire Hills, North American forests, deserted beaches on the west coast of France and still hoping to see a few other places!

Which
a) animal …think somewhere between gibbering gibbon and sleeping cat…I’m somewhere in between
b) plant …venus flytrap…with pretty flowers….and smelling of patchouli/lavender
c) piece of furniture …old comfy chair
and d) piece of clothing …Levi’s!
is most like you?

alcoholic beverages...coffee, coffee, coffee...just add a splash of something to qualify it as vaguely alcoholic!

The increase of disorder or entropy is what distinguishes the past from the future, giving a direction to time - Stephen Hawking
Missy
Minisaga Mistress & Flashmeister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker Missy

Real name Janet Bradshaw (you can call me Jan, everyone else does.)

Age 45

Occupation Housewife and dinner lady

Location The armpit of Essex, soon to be the Shapely Calf of Essex. (Once we get the feckers to lend us the money.)

What do you write? At the moment, nothing, apart from soppy posts on internet forums. My forte seems to be flash fiction, it's the ideal thing for the lazy writer. If I write anything over 500 words I do a lap of honour and then go for a lie down.

What are your current writing goals? To write anything. At all. But really I'd like to write a novel. Plenty of lying down when that starts then...

When and why did you start writing? I started writing about four years ago. It was something I always had a feeling I'd be able to do but was too scared to try. I had a rubbish education and felt that people would take the piss out of me for wanting to try or think I was being poncy. (I am.)

What's your best piece of writing advice? Just do it. Write every day and don't take 'breaks' you'll find it to hard to go back to it. And writer's block does exist. If you let it. But what do I know?

Yves St Laurent Touche Eclat
A razor
Nice and Easy No 100 Hair colour.
(Me? Shallow? Go on...)

Films Il Postino, Oliver!, Alfie, (the original one) Sexy Beast, The Accidental Tourist.
Books Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh, The Vic Brown Trilogy, (cheated there, but hey ho,) by Can't Remember, Beloved, (apart from one chapter where I think she was taking drugs but I'll allow it) by Toni Morrison, Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha by Roddy Doyle, The Easter Parade by Richard Yates. (Please note this list changes on a weekly basis.)
Foods Marks & Spencer Sundried Tomatos with Mozzarella. Olives. Breakfast cereal. (any type) Beigels from Brick Lane Beigel Bake. Smoked salmon.
Places? London, Deal in Kent, Leigh on Sea (this may be a passing fad, but the shops are fantastic) Menorca, bed.

Which
a) animal Probably a cat. I could lie about all day doing sweet fa given the chance. (And often do.)
b) plant Rose- Pink, fragrant and gorgeous but with prickly thorns.
c) piece of furniture An overstuffed comfy sofa.
and d) piece of clothing White linen trousers. Mainly because they are almost my uniform and they start off looking all crisp and smart and by the end of the day they look like a bag of shit.
is most like you?
Oooh alcholic beverages, yes please.
Champagne
Red wine, but not the thin weedy ones, a nice Malbec or Shiraz
Vodka and tonic, ice no lemon
Baileys in coffee at Christmas. Well ok from the 1st December, all day every day
Vodka and coke. If I fancy a change from tonic

(I done it wrong again, Dad. I won't change it, it adds to the fun.)
Lyn

Location: Beds/Bucks border for the last few years although I'm Welsh born and brought up!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here goes:
Forum moniker
Lyn (Sometimes known as 'Dawnwriter')

Real name

Lyn (or Hywela Lyn, which are my first two names, and my pen-name)

Old enough to know better and too old to be Dibley's granddaughter

Occupation
Used to be an Admin Assistant, now running small tack business with hubby

Location - England

What do you write?
Mainly Romantic SF/Fantasy and occasionally Westerns

To finish editing my third novel to submit it this year. (2013)

When I was about seven

Read as much as possible in all genres and write every day if possible, even if only a paragraph or two.

My laptop
paper and pen (for when the batteries run out on the lappy)
My Kindle loaded with hundreds of books (Am I allowed the husband as well?)

Films

The 3 Lord of the Rings films
A Man Called Horse
Hidalgo
The Singer Not the Song (A very old one that)

Books
Lord of The Rings
Cloud Atlas
She
Riders Of The Purple Sage
'The Earthsea Trilogy' by Ursula Le Guin

Foods
Dark Chocolate
Strawberries
Blackberries
Ice Cream
Milk Chocolate

Places?
Mid West Wales where I lived most of my life and still miss
Glen Coe, Scotland
Rural Devon
Rural Cornwall
Ohio which I visited for the first time in 2012 (Amish country, very horsey and lovely friendly people)
Anywhere where there’s wide open countryside

Which

a) animal
Dog (Because I’m very faithful) (though of course horses are my favs.)
b) plant
Snowdrop (Because I’m little and shy)
c) piece of furniture
Occasional table (because I like to sit in a corner without being noticed)
and d) piece of clothing
A flimsy scarf (Because I’m all over the place)
is most like you
http://www.facebook.com/HywelaLyn
https://www.twitter.com/Hywela_Lyn
My Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hywela-Lyn/e/B002BMBXH4/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Last edited by Lyn on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:20 am; edited 4 times in total
Val Bonney
TWITting Laureate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker Val Bonney

Real name erm ... Val Bonney! (or, like everyone else, the extended version "Valerie" if you're my mum and cross with me!)

Age Currently 51 ... but I'm hoping to get it down a bit

Occupation Part-time (well ok, occasional - about 10-12 weeks a year) teacher of English as a Foreign Language. Mostly to people from the Tyneside area ... I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Rolling Eyes

Location Plymouth, Devon

What do you write? Flash and poetry mostly, although I like to try my hand at anything and have dabbled with novels, plays, radio plays and longer short stories.

What are your current writing goals? Oh my ... just to start writing again, really. Have had a long period with almost zero output.

When and why did you start writing? Can't remember when, seem to have always done it; why - just because I enjoy it!

What's your best piece of writing advice? The pointy end goes on the paper.

1 - Something slinky in a size 10 that I'd finally be able to get into after a few months on a desert island;
2 - A well-stocked karaoke machine;
3 - George Alagiah

What are your Top 5 Favourite: (these are all in no particular order)
Films The Lord of the Rings Trilogy; Shirley Valentine; Chocolat; It's A Wonderful Life; Twelve Angry Men
Books Dracula by Bram Stoker; Captain Correlli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres; The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkein; The Color Purple by Alice Walker; The Harry Potter Snilogy by JK Rowling
Foods chocolate; pasta (with anything!); really good fish & chips; Greek salad; fruit
Places Corfu; Cephalonia; Cyprus; Dartmoor; snuggled into my husband's back in bed!
Alcoholic Beverages well-chilled Pinot Grigio; real ale (most varieties!); dry red wine; Cyprus "brandy"; Metaxa

Which
a) animal sloth
b) plant chrysanthemum
c) piece of furniture something robust and a little rococo!
and d) piece of clothing vamp-style dress with high collar, plunging neckline and split up to the thigh, in black and scarlet Whistle
is most like you?
FatMonica

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker

FatMonica

Real name

Sharon

I started lying about my age at 40!

Occupation

Children's nurse but always looking for a better option!

Up north

What do you write?

Usually stuff about children, or for children.Mainly flashes because I run out of ideas after 300 words!Some non fiction.Oh and I like to haiku and have tried(and failed miserably) at a bit of poetry.Moving swiftly on...!

To write more and try,eventually to get something published for money.Yeah right.

I started writing about 2003 when I was off sick from work for 6 months.I did it initially as a way of coping with all the death and critical care stuff in Accident and Emergency but then began to enjoy it just for itself .

Don't worry about the 'rules.' Just write what comes out.100 words of crap is better than nothing at all.And it can always be redrafted,edited later on.

Lip balm.
SPF 40.
Mobile phone-yeah,I know there'd be no signal but I can't leave the house without it!

Films

To Kill a Mocking Bird
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Sense and Sensibility
Gone with the Wind
Hobson's Choice

Books

Pride and Prejudice
To Kill a Mocking Bird
A Map of the World
About a Boy
Loads more I dip in and out of

Foods

Chocolate (from the freezer)
Turkish meze/pizza/soup
Pasta
Cheesecake
jacket potato and chilli

Places?

Izmir
Manchester
Salford
Wales
Paris

Which

a) animal penguin
b) plant anything lazy that can't be bothered growing
c) piece of furniture chaise longue
and d) piece of clothing pyjamas
is most like you?

Last edited by FatMonica on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
kennethshand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker: kennethshand

Occupation: Owner/accountant/monkey butler in a speciality tea house/venue

What do you write? Lots of short stories, middling poetry, the odd play

What are your current writing goals? To get a book out (in my life)

When and why did you start writing? seven years old. It was a sequel to Lord of the Rings - eighteen pages in a lined jotter (with pictures)

What's your best piece of writing advice? Find a structure that suits you then allow the characters to breathe and the words to break free

What three luxuries would you take with you to a desert island? My fiancée, my dog and my guitar

Films: Star Wars, Pi, Run Lola Run, Once Upon a Time in China, Austin Powers
Books: Midnight's Children, One Hundred Years of Solitude, Lord of the Rings, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles, Dune
Foods: Lobsters, Avocado, Wild Boar, Chocolate, Goose
Places?: Cuba, Mallaig, Glasgow, Bristol, New Orleans (seven years ago)

Which
a) animal: A lurcher
b) plant: A dandelion
c) piece of furniture: A vintage synthesiser
and d) piece of clothing: An espadrille
is most like you?

That was fun... Laughing
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum moniker
Ed

Real name
Ed Dempster

Edit: I don't like to leave too many specifics on the Internet, so I'll just say between 38 & 42 Wink

Occupation
Contractor in construction industry

What do you write?
Mostly dark fiction and humour. Short stories, not poetry. I just don't 'get' poetry.

To write a decent novel.

I've always told stories of one sort or another, but only began to actually write seriously in my mid twenties. I had an idea for a novel that kept niggling inside my head until I had to write it.

Throw off your inhibitions and write without worrying about what other people will think of your ideas, your characters, and what they do and say.

Lots of tea, a wind-up radio and a well stocked library.

Films
The English Patient.
The Green Mile.
Shawshank Redemption.
Photographing Fairies.
American Beauty.

Books
Dear Me - Peter Ustinov*
The Ragman's Son - Kirk Douglas* (*both became obscure at the end)
Adolf Hitler, My Part in his Downfall - Spike Milligan
A Farewell To Arms - Hemingway
To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee

Foods
Clam Chowder
Lamb chops
Steak
Crepes with sugar and lemon
Tiffin

Places?
Home
Pretty much anywhere wild, the fewer people the better. Can't be more specific.

Which
a) animal - orangutan
b) plant - feed me Seymour
c) piece of furniture - knackered sofa
and d) piece of clothing - saggy Y-fronts
is most like you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> The Welcome Mat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: