The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Pretty Face
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bebbet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: A Pretty Face Reply with quote

(think of it as a Recomendation of something pleasant to look at)

Following a brief discussion of (or lack of) the virtues of Julia Roberts. She's not unatractive by any means, but at the same time, there is (to me) nothing about the woman that appeals.

Women on the other hand look at her and see a beautiful woman and don't get why men wouldn't be attracted to her.

What men/women do the women/men of the WriteIdea find attractive/unattractive and vice-versa, and why?

I feel I must kick things off with the stunning Jessica Alba - incredibly beautiful in the first place, but made all the more attractive when she came out as a fan of Thundercats. Oh yes!

Alternatively Jennifer Lopez - attractive yes, but the riches and adulation, despite the clear lack of any discrenable talent really put me off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Missy
Minisaga Mistress & Flashmeister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry can't stick to one. I'll do top five. In no particular order.

Brad Pitt..................... Because how can you not? Gorgeous.

George Clooney...........Ditto. Crinkly eyes and grey hair at the sides, lethal.

Dennis Quaid...............It's the crinkly eye/grey hair thing again. Although even when he was younger he was a bit of alright, in the Big Easy...yes please!

Jonathan Ross..............Funny, good looking,dirty and like his hair.

Jose Mourinhio ...........Am I allowed to swear? H---y as f--k.

This is now way a definitive list and is likely to change on a weekly basis. For instance, Freddi Lunjberg and Jason Statham only just missed out, so I might have to have a change round so they get a turn.

Women that I would fancy if I was that way inclined.
Charlize Theron
Sharon Stone
Meg Ryan
Bebbet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pick as many as you like - in fact the more merrier. Couple of unexpected ones in their, but then that's the point.

Missy wrote:
Women that I would fancy if I was that way inclined.
...Meg Ryan

Had a thing for Meg Ryan, but the kipper-lips and monosyllabic Parky interview put me off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lew
General Secretary of the Short Story

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missy wrote:
Jose Mourinhio ...........Am I allowed to swear? HAIRY as f--k.

?
Solo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just mention Colin?

*Sighs*

Predictable I know. Apologies. Embarassed

As for women ... tricky that ... howsabout a real golden oldie for a change ... what say you to the beautiful fragility of Audrey Hepburn?
Bebbet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo wrote:
what say you to the beautiful fragility of Audrey Hepburn?

Never could understand how Audrey was so gob-smackingly beautiful, whereas Katherine was - for lack of a less insulting term - grim.

To be slightly more up to date, Jessica Simpson has a fantastic figure, a perfect face and a great voice; all of which make her thoroughly indifferent (she's also thicker than a couple of short planks taking part in a pie-eating contest). Whereas sister Ashlee has a big nose, a questionable haircut and a hit-and-miss voice, yet does it for me every time!
Bebbet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo wrote:
Can I just mention Colin?

Colin?
Solo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bebbet queried:

Quote:
Colin?

You have to ask??????? Firth of course ... Very Happy

Quote:
To be slightly more up to date, Jessica Simpson has a fantastic figure, a perfect face and a great voice; all of which make her thoroughly indifferent (she's also thicker than a couple of short planks taking part in a pie-eating contest). Whereas sister Ashlee has a big nose, a questionable haircut and a hit-and-miss voice, yet does it for me every time!

... but no class ... either of 'em. Don't younger men go for class any more? You know, that indefinable, allusive aura that says you can look but don't you dare touch ...
Bebbet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo wrote:
You have to ask??????? Firth of course ... Very Happy

Always struck me as foppish and dull - but then that's also the point of this thread.

Who out there - men and women - do the ladies find unattractive?

Solo wrote:
... but no class ... either of 'em. Don't younger men go for class any more? You know, that indefinable, allusive aura that says you can look but don't you dare touch ...

It's not that we don't go for, it's more that it's in short supply. Happily Parminder Nagra has it in spades - as proved when she was in Twelfth Night. Also, absolutely gorgeous Very Happy
Bebbet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bebbet wrote:
Who out there - men and women - do the ladies find unattractive?

...and why?
Solo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Madeley epitomises unattractiveness for me - why? Because he manages to achieve both obsequiousness and arrogance in one being. Yuk.

I think Jordan would be my female figurehead in terms of unattractiveness - not that she's a bad-looking lass, but I can't bear the whole 'fake' thing she has going on.

Last edited by Solo on Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Solo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Solo wrote:
You have to ask??????? Firth of course ...

Always struck me as foppish and dull - but then that's also the point of this thread.

Foppish and dull? My, my, you are such a bloke. Try, sensual, romantic and humorous ...
Missy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh forgot Colin......... yes, I might put him on the list at some stage, and Mark Strong.

Unnatractive men.
Yes Richard Madeley, patronising pratt.
Tom Cruise, short, plastic looking.
I'll have to think of some more.
Missy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew wrote:
Missy wrote:
Jose Mourinhio ...........Am I allowed to swear? HAIRY as f--k.

?

Probably that too Lew...... lurvly......hairy chest, right up my street. Wink
Solo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hairy chest, right up my street

Mmmn. Me too. Not gorilla hairy though ... but none of this modern waxing lark ... shudder!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: