The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Put me to sleep

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryH
TWIt Booster & Knight of TWIt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Put me to sleep Reply with quote

Someone give me a wake injection so I can get back to real life and stop this nonsense about writing! No? Well, I guess I did have the tiniest modicum of success...

Won a round in Euro affliction which surprised the hell out of me and started me on a downward spiral of trying to write the nastiest prose I could concoct.
Also managed to scribble some points together and started on this fools errand of a novel. Yeah, really set the literary world on fire last year, still, might help if I actually sent some stuff out there wouldn't it?

Got to be honest could do better and I need to read some more frigging books which might open that 3rd eye of mine. Trouble is I'm in a world of me own... Shocked

G

Did I really write this...Oh dear!!!!
DonnaG
Co-Admin, Creator of Order

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Real life"? Wossat?

Gary, there's nothing wrong with being in your own little world. Really. You know how to write well. Keep doing it.

And, yeah, getting more stuff 'out there' helps. In a lot of ways. It's something I bug flirty about, incessantly. Well, that, and other stuff. Wink
Helen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Put me to sleep Reply with quote

Congratulations on winning a round in Eurofiction, Gary. Cool You must be made up.

oh addled one wrote:
might help if I actually sent some stuff out there wouldn't it?

I think you might have hit the nail on the head there, Gary! Wink
*teacher mode on*
I hope you've made a New Year's resolution to start submitting stuff in 2006. If not, do it now!
*teacher mode off*

oh addled one wrote:
Trouble is I'm in a world of me own... Shocked

Hmmm... I think a lot of us TWITs have the same problem. Nothing wrong with that - I'm positive it's one of the attributes that makes a good writer.

http://ryangoslingteachingassistant.blogspot.com
Spellscribbler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wot she said!!

If your writing's anything to go by, your 'own world' is an amazing (if somewhat scary) place to be!! Hope you have lots of fun in there - but don't forget - this year you need to SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD!!!

It's amazing how much you can get 'out there' if you have a stack of brown envelopes and stamps sitting beside you, so your first job for this year is to buy those envelopes and stamps. It works. It really does!

Good luck!!

Amanda

http://putthekettleon.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Crowing Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: