The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something different ... my 'fav' video game (worth a look!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Missy
Minisaga Mistress & Flashmeister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My youngest daughter had PS2 for Christmas and has been playing Fifa 2005 with her dad every night. I think his heart was bursting the other night when she galloped up the stairs shouting,

"I'll be Arsenal and you can be Real Madrid."

His honorary boy. Bless them.
Bebbet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick word on the up and coming Tomb Raider: Legend.

After effectively destroying the series with the truly abismal Angel of Darkness, Eidos sacked original Tomb Raider creator, Core Design and passed the batton on to Crystal Dynamics, with whom they produced Legacy of Kain: Defiance. So, obviously, I purchased said game to hopefully get a taster of what these two can do together and I must say I'm quite hopeful. The environments are detailed and rich in atmos, the character designs are original and well worked and the controls are smooth and responsive, both in regular movement and in combat mode.

If there is one element of concern it's the camera employed in Legacy of Kain, which often focuses on the character rather than where you're trying to manouver him. Though I've seen worse, it wouldn't be of much use in a Tomb Raider game in which the emphasis is on using Lara's athletic ability to bounce around the large, detailed and now (apparently) fully interactive settings, preferably without falling from large platforms and breaking your neck.

By the way, trailers for TR: Legend is available on the official site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
WelshPixie
Flashmeister & TWIt Booster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katamari Damacy is the best PS2 game ever. Ever, ever, ever. 'Nuff said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: