The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delph's books
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> TWI Members -- Published!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delph_ambi
Whittaker Fiction Winner 2009

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Delph's books Reply with quote

All my books are available from amazon, The Book Depository, etc, but I'm going to list here the ones that are also available directly from me. If you buy direct, cutting out the middle man, both me and the publisher make more money, it doesn't cost you any extra, and you end up with a unique signed copy, so it's the best way all round. Cool

Here goes:

wormwood, earth and honey
Selected poems by Catherine Edmunds
ISBN 9781906451042 (Circaidy Gregory Press)
Paperback £6.50. (also available as an illustrated e-book in all formats).

Small Poisons The contemporary novel for Midsummer Night's dreamers
ISBN 9781906451165 (Circaidy Gregory Press)
Paperback £9.50 (also available as an e-book, all formats)

and my latest release...

Serpentine Art is the proper task in life (Nietzsche)
ISBN 9781906451639 (Circaidy Gregory Press)
Paperback £7.99 (also available as an e-book, all formats)

As many of you know, I'm also an illustrator. I'm just going to mention just one of the books I've illustrated here, because this one's an endangered species - BeWrite are no longer doing paperbacks, so the three hard copies of this book that I have at home may be the only ones left to buy. The text is by the utterly brilliant Daniel Abelman, illustrations by me.

ALLAKAZZAM! Man, Myth and Magic in Lightest Africa. ISBN 9781905202287 (BeWrite Books)
Paperback £5.99

Send me a PM if you're interested in any of these. I can send them all over the world and accept payment in any currency, either by personal cheque or paypal.

Enjoy my books!
GeoffNelder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have them all, buf you haven't listed all your projects. A-Z is a splendid resource for writers of ghoulish stuff. Smile
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Geoff. Should've listed it - it's my best seller Shocked

So here it is, folks: "The A-Z of Punishment and Torture", text by Irene Thompson, and with illustrations by me for every letter of the alphabet. You can buy it from BeWrite at the moment, but be quick - BeWrite is winding down its operation and will cease to exist in three years time at the very latest. Here's the link for the book: http://bewrite.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=A-Z&Category_Code=NOFI. It's possible that Irene and I will seek another publisher for this one, but nothing's certain, so if you want a copy, buy it sooner rather than later.
flirtybee
Co-Admin, Joyful Master of Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll certainly vouch for Wormwood, earth and honey ... fabulous book imho

The increase of disorder or entropy is what distinguishes the past from the future, giving a direction to time - Stephen Hawking
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Doug!
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

The A-Z is unfortunately no longer available due to the demise of BeWrite Books. There's an unillustrated e-version out with another publisher, but the one with all my pics is unobtainable.

Same problem with ALLAKAZZAM! - ie, BeWrite are no longer in business, so the book no longer exists - though I still have a few paperback copies at home if anyone wants to buy one.

My latest novel is BACCHUS WYND, the prequel to SERPENTINE. Circaidy Gregory Press, ISBN 9781906451936.
Available in paperback and all e-book formats direct from me or the publisher, and everywhere else (but always better to buy direct if you can).

Poet Joanne Limburg says: "In Bacchus Wynd, Cathy Edmunds has given us a character with Aspergerís who is not there for comic relief, or as a plot device, or as a problem to be solved, but as a character alongside other characters. Like them, he must find his own answer to the question of how well we can ever really know each other, and whether it is ever safe to allow others to know us."
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COMING SOON

Spring 2015, 'The Love Song of Daphnis & Chloe' - a new version by Nigel Humphreys, my connection being I'm the editor and have also written a scholarly(!) introduction.

Summer/autumn 2015 'The Driftwood Tree' - a collaborative novel by me and John Benn, concerning the lives of a group of rural folk in 1920s Ireland.

Winter 2015/16 'My Hidden Mother' - my biography of my mother, a holocaust survivor.

All to be published by Circaidy Gregory Press. It's going to be a busy year Smile
flirtybee
Co-Admin, Joyful Master of Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berrrrr ... limey, delph Surprised That IS busy!

The increase of disorder or entropy is what distinguishes the past from the future, giving a direction to time - Stephen Hawking
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Cool
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!

Daphnis & Chloe, written by Nigel Humphries and edited by me has now been published by Circaidy Gregory Press, and is a beautiful and quirky book. Something different. Fun and naughty. http://www.circaidygregory.co.uk/nigel_humphreys.htm

The Driftwood Tree, by myself and John Benn will be published next year rather than this - the publisher has something of a backlog.

And talking of that backlog, I decided I didn't want to wait 18 months or so for 'My Hidden Mother' to be published, so by mutual agreement I parted company with Circaidy Gregory Press on that one and went it alone. The book is now published - you can order it from any bookshop or any online retailer, but obviously avoid rip-off merchants like amazon. Your best bet if you're in the UK is the publisher's website http://www.feedaread.com/books/My-Hidden-Mother-9781786101747.aspx and if you're in the US I reckon Barnes & Noble. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1122811737?ean=9781786101747 The websites have the blurb and everything so you can read all about it. Smile

And of course you can buy any of my books directly from me if you'd like signed/dedicated copies.

Happy reading!
Ottawan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Ottawan's books Reply with quote

I have just launched Bring Me My Arrows; Poems Tracing the Spectrum Between Doubt and Certainty ‚ÄĒ still available only from myself (CAN$15 + postage.)
Forms of religious observation devised and imposed by others must always prove to be inadequate. The poems in Bring Me My Arrows reflect the author's decades of struggle between an insistent belief in William Blake's spiritual Jerusalem and the need for a rational expression of it.
George Elliott Clarke, currently Canada's Parliamentary Poet Laureate, likes it. He detects the "metaphysical and theological concerns" of T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets, in verse that is "quiet-toned, introspective, and confident in Art."

A record of my previous books may be found in my website at http://web.ncf.ca/ab297

Last edited by Ottawan on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear about your book, Ottawan, but maybe start your own thread for it? People won't necessarily see it tucked away in my thread.

Which reminds me - I have another one out: the collaborative novel "The Driftwood Tree", illustrated and written by myself and John Benn, available from all the usual sources, but always best to buy directly from the publisher, Circaidy Gregory Press http://www.circaidygregory.co.uk/Driftwood_Tree.htm in paperback and all e-book formats, or from me if you want a signed copy.
F.H.Lee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: yips! Reply with quote

Excitedly awaiting a New Year's shipment of treasures. Dance Each, a masterpiece in its own right.

I am constantly amazed that artwork is worth considerably more than books, and yet takes considerably less time to create! May you be rewarded for your diversity in talent, Cathy, as one balances out the other in due course.

Scanning through deviantart as we speak, and am visibly gawping ... wow!
"Now I want Spirits to enforce, art to enchant, And my ending is despair, Unless I be relieved by prayer, Which pierces so that it assaults Mercy itself and frees all faults. As you from crimes would pardon'd be, Let your indulgence set me free."
delph_ambi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Francine! Money now received this end, so I hope the books soon arrive at your end Smile

Books still available directly from me if people are interested, or want some post-Christmas reading:
wormwood, earth and honey (poetry collection)
Small Poisons (novel)
Serpentine (novel)
Bacchus Wynd (novel)
The Driftwood Tree (collaborative illustrated novel with John Benn)
My Hidden Mother (biography/Holocaust memoir)
F.H.Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: success! Reply with quote

They were a big hit, Cathy. Thank you again for filling the order so quickly!

Had to create a new account at DeviantArt to access the options, but have already selected several in the running for March and April birthdays for my other three. I may waffle considerably between now and then, at which and for whom. My daughter turns 18. It's a big deal.
"Now I want Spirits to enforce, art to enchant, And my ending is despair, Unless I be relieved by prayer, Which pierces so that it assaults Mercy itself and frees all faults. As you from crimes would pardon'd be, Let your indulgence set me free."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> TWI Members -- Published! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: