The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Movie Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thewobblydickle
Celery Winner 2005 & TWIt Booster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, good chap, for putting my mind at rest.

I too was annoyed that the bloke didn't enter the fray.
Chinese! Of course, it all makes sense now. And he probably sent his mutts after Will and Sam cos he didn't want to share it with them.
Carol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Sweeney Todd recently as well. Johnny Depp is good in it. Helena Bonham Carter looked like the character she played in the last Harry Potter.

Took 5 kids to see National Treasure 2. There's no big surprises but it's an enjoyable couple of hours.
Lew
General Secretary of the Short Story

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNTRACEABLE (1Cool ***

I spent seven quid on pick n' mix tonight while going to see Untraceable and all in all, it's not a bad little thriller.

It's basically about a website called www.killwithme.com (try it!) that encourages people to logon and view a death. The more people logged on to the site, the quicker the deaths occur. It starts with a small kitten but leads onto actual people when society's taste has been whetted. The FBI attempt to track the source but the website is, of course, untraceable.

It's a formulaic theme we've seen before, with a serial killer choosing suspects seemily at random. Clearly that's not the case and it's up to investigation lead officer (very well played by Diane Lane) to juggle the case and her eight year old child. There are a few scenes that are uncomfortable but no where near the levels of gore we come to expect from the Saw franchise.

So was it worth a tenner per head (inc. pick n' mix)? It was close. Certainly worth a look if you're a big fan of the genre or uninspired by what little is on the big screen at the moment. Certainly worth a look when it hits the rental shelves.
Missy
Minisaga Mistress & Flashmeister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slumdog Millionaire.
Excellent film, go and see it.
Thewobblydickle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing I've seen lately is you posting again, Missus.

What happened?
Missy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thewobblydickle wrote:
Best thing I've seen lately is you posting again, Missus.

What happened?

Oooh thanks!
What happened? Well, a job, a new house in a new town, (village actually but I won't strong it) a dog, (aka a fucking maniac) a kid taking her GCSE's, another just started big school. Just about everything really!
I work at a local primary school four days a week and sort of catch up with internetting on a Friday when I'm off, in between running the hoover round, washing and generally trying to ward off botulism. I work with kids who have learning difficulties although this term they have given me a couple of middle set and top set groups and I've been asked to try and pull their writing skills up, which is quite a compliment for a thick bird like what I am. I really like the job, nice kids (like young Etonians compared to my last school) nice people to work with (on the whole) and the hours are great. I have applied for another job as a librarian at a different school and am waiting to see what happens there.
I haven't written anything for quite some time, although I did do a bit of a flash and then spent the rest of the evening larging it, thinking I was Charles Dickens. I haven't finished it yet though!
I still look in here quite a lot, but I don't say much because I don't write and I feel a bit of a fraud.
Nice to be missed though!
DonnaG
Co-Admin, Creator of Order

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to catch up with you, Missy! Sounds like life's humming well for you and your family. Smile
Thewobblydickle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missy wrote:

Nice to be missed though!

'ang on a mo, missus, 'ang on, I never said anything about you being missed Wink
Missy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinema Paradiso.
I know I'm about 100 years too late, but I watched it for the first time on Saturday and cried my eyes out.
Great film.
delph_ambi
Whittaker Fiction Winner 2009

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. It's my number one of all time. Incomparable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: