The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome, Geoff!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> The Welcome Mat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flirtybee
Co-Admin, Joyful Master of Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Welcome, Geoff! Reply with quote

Welcome to TWI, Geoff Smile

Some of our members may well remember Geoff off the Slingink forum, where he used to be 'Bernardalex'.

The increase of disorder or entropy is what distinguishes the past from the future, giving a direction to time - Stephen Hawking
F.H.Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: welcome! Reply with quote

Hello there! Just read your member profile (excellent entrance into the forum by the way, especially for those of us who have not crossed your prior path) and it made me laugh several times... what a great start to the day (for me in Canada it is a mere 10am). Thank you for that!

Sincere welcome to the life of TWIers - we bond over Edward Scissorhands, southern Italy, Wrath, and Mariel Hemingway (Manhattan) - just got her cookbook for Christmas wuhoo! But I agree Woody & Diane are irrepressible.

Wishing you a health filled happy year of writing, and enjoy that grandbaby,

Francine
"Now I want Spirits to enforce, art to enchant, And my ending is despair, Unless I be relieved by prayer, Which pierces so that it assaults Mercy itself and frees all faults. As you from crimes would pardon'd be, Let your indulgence set me free."
JonP
TWI Fiction Writer of the Year 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff! How the devil are you? Was only wondering the other day where you'd got to.
Mrs Darcy versus the Aliens
womble

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Geoff.

Good to see you around again.

W Razz

Read my top five story from the National newpaper's annual short story competition:
http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/short-story-a-day-for-decisiveness
Geoff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again folks and warm thank-yous for your friendly welcome. I'm glad to find a fellow Woody and Tim Burton fan Francine. My sister has just returned from a 45 year stint in Canada (Vancouver then Calgary) and is already wishing she hadn't left so I know a lot about the culture and the time differences!

Hello again Womble - two greetings feel better than one!

And Jon - how good to know you're still active on the site. I look forward to sharing thoughts on the less mainstream British comedy kings and queens as well as keeping up with your tireless efforts in the publishing world.

I've learned that when you're stopped in your tracks (in my case through illness) it is often a way to new life and insight, It's certainly true for me.

Thanks again folks - I think I'm going to like it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> The Welcome Mat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: