The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A word about spammers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: A word about spammers Reply with quote

New members appear on the member list as soon as they register. There is nothing I can do to stop this. However, no member is active (so they can't do anything naughty to the forum) until I activate their accounts manually. And obviously, I don't activate spam members - I delete them!

As I live in New Zealand, and am asleep when the dodgy spam dudes in Russia and the USA are busy registering, there is often quite a long delay between the spammers registering and me deleting them.

The only way thes spammers can do any harm is if you follow their website links. So my advice is NOT to check out any new member's website until I have posted a welcome to them in the 'New and prospective members' area. That way, you'll know they're genuine new members.

http://ryangoslingteachingassistant.blogspot.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: