The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Films to avoid like the plague during the festive season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Films to avoid like the plague during the festive season Reply with quote

The Grinch.

Shudder.
Alan Sturgess
TWIt Booster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything with cute elves and mawkish songs sung by American teenagers trying to look like 9 year-olds.

And if they try to foist the Sound of bloody Music on us one more time in the name of 'tradition' (ie: we might as well recoup our expenditure on the film and show it again) I'll put my damn foot through the screen, especially since we've had to suffer the current 'Maria' TV farce.

Ditto for 'The Great Escape' -- isn't it about time they were let out for persistent behaviour?
Helen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness we've 'escaped' down under. As Christmas is in the middle of summer over here, everyone's either away on holiday during the festive season, or out on the deck having a barbie, or at the beach. (Or all three). Hence, virtually no-one watches telly over Chrimbo, so they don't bother putting on any 'special, festive programming'. Hooray! Very Happy

http://ryangoslingteachingassistant.blogspot.com
Bebbet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to put in a vote for the Sound of Music Evil or Very Mad I was forced to sit through it once!

"They're behind the pillar, you stupid, bloody Nazi!!"

Sick of the sight of Santa Clause the Movie - it wasn't all that 1st time 'round!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: