The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Print, e-book or Youtube?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Writing Markets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Sturgess
TWIt Booster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Print, e-book or Youtube? Reply with quote

The 'Poetry' section in 'Write Idea' seems to have very few participants so I thought I'd post this query into the general forum.

After spending rather longer than I anticipated editing a considerable archive of 27+ years' worth of poems written for children, and after looking at them as objectively as possible, I came to the conclusion that a good few are certainly as good as many I see being published. Perhaps it's because I was a teacher that I wrote a lot of poems for use with or by pupils which had several layers for them to 'excavate'. (The word I used with them instead of 'interpret'). In my opinion, that gives a lot of my work something slightly different.

At my age, I've left it too late to go looking for an agent . . . initial research suggested that agents with interest in poetry for children are as rare as the proverbial hen's gnashers. I've just set up a new Youtube channel for uploading readings and performances but I'll wait until internet fibre is connected in a month or so.

My general query is this . . . has anyone found a worthwhile way to get their work considered for publication? I was thinking of Lulu but a couple of friends have had VERY bad experiences there and I have no great interest in self-publication, although maybe an e-book could be an interesting possibility.

Meanwhile, I'll learn to use a green screen and then start recording some poems for uploading to Youtube in the coming months.

(Cheers to everyone here - I was away for a very long time because my wife endured 10 years of chemo, so I simply shoved most things in life to one side.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Writing Markets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: