The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Missy
Minisaga Mistress & Flashmeister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Play Reply with quote

Last Friday I went with my friend to see Entertaining Mr Sloane at our local theatre. I didn't have high hopes because despite having a bit of a fascination for Joe Orton I didn't think I would understand the play or like it very much. It was in one of those little parts of a theatre that is like your front room and because we were so busy buying wine at the bar we ended up in the front row. I thought I was going to hate that but actually it was ok, apart from a flying crumpet nearly having my eye out.
Anyway, I am pleased to report that I laughed myself silly, it was ever so funny and well acted and some of the lines in it were brilliant.
A good night out all round and even better because I wasn't expecting to like it.
fall guy
TWI Fiction Writer of the Year 2009

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the film but that was long, long ago so I can't quite recall it. I remember the film version of Loot, though, which was very funny.

Always good to get out to the theatre.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Recommendations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: