The Write Idea Forum Index The Write Idea
A forum for writers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submission guidelines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Issue Seven - August 2011
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flirtybee
Co-Admin, Joyful Master of Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Submission guidelines Reply with quote

The editorial team of The Write Idea is currently working on Issue Seven of The RightEyedDeer which will be published in August 2011 as a download and in print.

http://therighteyeddeer.weebly.com/

Our main theme is the number seven. It can be seventh heaven, lucky (or not so lucky perhaps) seven, the seventh son of a seventh son, the seventh month (a chance for some seasonal writing here) the seventh day, seven dwarfs, pillars of wisdom, hills of Rome, 007, Ages of Man, 7th heaven, 7 Year Itch, etc etc. Push the boundaries and strain the tenuous links with the number, we won't mind.

It may be a poem, story, piece of non-fiction of seven words, seven lines, seven stanzas (any length), seven paragraphs etc. Seven pages might just be pushing our editorial limits, but all we seek is fine writing that makes us drool and know that it just HAS to be published.

In addition we are leaving a bit of space in TRed 7 for any exceptional writing (poem or prose) that doesn’t fit the theme. So if you’ve got something that you think is too good for us to miss, please send it across.

Closing date for submissions is July 31st – but the sooner the better would suit the editors.

We’re looking forward to receiving some fine work.

The increase of disorder or entropy is what distinguishes the past from the future, giving a direction to time - Stephen Hawking
QBall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Submission guidelines. Reply with quote

I wrote a tale to enter into a comp. that I didn't finish in time.
I can easily change this story to the specs (seve) but is there a word limit for prose?
Mandy Pannett
The Stirred POeT 2012 winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's a word limit O'Ball, apart from this:

Quote:
Seven pages might just be pushing our editorial limits,

Go ahead and send the piece when you're happy with it.
flirtybee
Co-Admin, Joyful Master of Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now available in print or a free PDF download Smile

http://therighteyeddeer.weebly.com/issue-seven.html

The increase of disorder or entropy is what distinguishes the past from the future, giving a direction to time - Stephen Hawking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Write Idea Forum Index -> Issue Seven - August 2011 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: